UGK 4 Life is the sixth and final studio album by American hip hop duo UGK. The album was released on March 31, 2009, by Jive Records and Epic Records. This is also the first posthumous album for Pimp C.
UGK 4 Life
Released March 31, 2009
(2007)UGK 4 Life
Singles from UGK 4 Life
- “Da Game Been Good to Me“
Released: January 16, 2009
The first single “Da Game Been Good to Me” was released onto the Internet on January 16, 2009. It was made available on iTunes on February 20, 2009.Bun B stated he recorded a song dedicated to his late partner Pimp C.
Bun B stated that he would not experiment with new collaborations or producers.
This album is not about who I wanna work with and what kind of beats I wanna do, this album is about what the people wanna hear, and that’s Bun and Pimp. And I wanna try to give that to them in the most purest sense.”
In addition to Pimp C, production came from producers such as Mannie Fresh, Akon, Cory Mo, Steve Below and DJ B-Do. Collaborators include Ronald Isley, Lil Boosie, Webbie, Too Short, Snoop Dogg, Sleepy Brown, Big Gipp, Akon & Raheem DeVaughn.
Review scores Source Rating
Upon release, UGK 4 Life received critical acclaim. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album has received a score of 84, based on 11 reviews indicating universal acclaim.
1.”Intro”Chad Butler, Corey MooreCory Mo1:45
3.”Everybody Wanna Ball”Butler, Freeman, MooreCory Mo3:57
4.”Feelin’ You”Below, Butler, Howard Beverly, FreemanSteve Below3:54
6.”She Luv It”Butler, Freeman, MooreCory Mo3:53
13.”Texas Ave. Interlude”Butler, Dean, FreemanPimp C, Mike Dean (co.)1:16
15.”Da Game Been Good to Me“Butler, Freeman,Pimp C, Averexx4:20
16.”Outro”Freeman, MooreCory Mo3:11
- (co.) denotes co-producer.
- “Still on the Grind” contains samples of “Don’t Mess With Mr. T” by Marvin Gaye.
- “Everybody Wanna Ball” contains samples of “Big Pimpin’” by Jay-Z and UGK.
- “Feelin’ You” contains samples of “Feel That You’re Feelin'” by Maze.
- “The Pimp & The Bun” contains samples of “Here We Go Again” by The Isley Brothers.
- “Swishas & Erb” contains samples of “Peaches & Erb” by Society of Soul.
- “Purse Come First” contains samples of “Try Love Again” by The Natural Four.
- “Harry Asshole” contains samples of “I Left It Wet For You” by UGK and alludes lyrics from “Let Me See It” by UGK.
Adapted from AllMusic.
- Ruben Bailey: Composer
- Keith Bardin: Photography
- Steve Below: Composer, Producer
- Frankie Beverly: Composer
- Leslie Brathwaite: Mixing
- Calvin Broadus: Composer
- Patrick Brown : Composer
- Bun B: Executive Producer
- Chad Butler: Composer
- Mike Dean: Mixing, Producer
- Hal Fitzgerald: Engineer
- Pam Francis: Photography
- Mannie Fresh: Producer
- Jeff Gilligan: Art Direction, Design
- Cameron K-Oz Gipp: Composer
- Michael Hawkins: Composer
- Lee Hutson, Jr.: Composer
- Ernie Isley: Composer
- Marvin Isley: Composer
- O’Kelly Isley: Composer
- Ronald Isley: Composer
- Rudolph Isley: Composer
- Chris Jasper: Composer
- Anzel “Intl Red” Jennings: A&R
- Brandt Jones: Composer
- Rick Marcel: Guitar
- Clay Patrick McBride: Photography
- Mike Mo: Engineer, Mixing
- Corey Moore: Composer
- Raymond “Yoda” Murray: Composer
- J. Prince: Executive Producer
- Ari Raskin: Engineer
- Todd Shaw: Composer
- Jeffrey Sledge: A&R
- Premro Smith: Composer
- Chris Soper: Engineer
- Earl Stevens: Composer
- Aliaune “Akon” Thiam: Composer
- Giorgio Tuinfort: Composer, Producer
- Rico Wade: Composer
Chart (2009)Peak position