Act a Fool is the debut studio album by American West Coast hip hop artist King Tee. It was released on November 15, 1988 via Capitol Records. Audio production was handled by DJ Pooh and King Tee himself with Tim Devine as executive producer. It also features guest appearances provided by Mixmaster Spade and Breeze on the track “Just Clowning”. The album peaked at number 125 on the US Billboard 200 chart and number 35 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Its title track reached #26 on the Hot Rap Songs chart, and “Bass”, which is remixed on this album, reached #19 on the same chart.
Five of the eleven tracks of Act a Fool were later included on the rapper’s greatest hits album Ruff Rhymes: Greatest Hits Collection.
No.TitleProducer(s)Length1.”Act a Fool”DJ Pooh4:162.”Ko Rock Stuff”DJ Pooh3:503.”The Coolest”DJ Pooh5:174.”Flirt”DJ Pooh3:475.”Baggin’ on Moms”King Tee2:046.”Bass” (Remix)DJ Pooh4:417.”Let’s Dance”DJ Pooh3:298.”Guitar Playin'”
- DJ Pooh
- King Tee
5:209.”Payback’s a Mutha”DJ Pooh4:3210.”Just Clowning” (featuring Breeze & Mixmaster Spade)DJ Pooh4:4011.”I Got a Cold”King Tee0:42Total length:42:38
Act a Fool
- “Give the Baby Anything the Baby Wants” by Joe Tex
- “I Gotcha” by Joe Tex
- “Lover Jones” by Johnny “Guitar” Watson
- “The Back Down” by Richard Pryor
- “New Year’s Eve” by Richard Pryor
Ko Rock Stuff
- “Cardova” by The Meters
- “Eric B. Is President” by Eric B. & Rakim
- “I Know You Got Soul” by Eric B. & Rakim
- “AJ Scratch” by Kurtis Blow
- “Dazz” by Brick
- “Flirt” by Cameo
- “Get Up To Get Down” by Brass Construction
Payback’s a Mutha
- Roger McBride – main artist, producer (tracks: 5, 8, 11)
- Frank Antonia Williams – featured artist (track 10)
- M.C. Breeze – featured artist (track 11)
- Keith Cooley – scratches
- Mark S. Jordan – producer (tracks: 1-4, 6-10), scratches
- Tim “Mastermind” Devine – executive producer
- Vachik Aghaniantz – engineering (tracks: 2-11), mixing (tracks: 2-9, 11)
- Chuck Valle – engineering (track 1)
- Steve Ett – mixing (track 1)
- Donovan Smith – mixing (track 10)
- Bernie Grundman – mastering
- Glen E. Friedman – photography
- ^ Wynn, Ron. “Act a Fool – King Tee”. Allmusic. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ^ “King Tee Chart History (Billboard 200)”. Billboard.
- ^ “King Tee Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)”. Billboard.
This is Hip Hop Raised Me The Blog!!!
Where is about The Knowledge, The Culture, & The Lifestyle!!! Where we celebrate the 47 years of the youngest genre of music which is Hip Hop!!!
HIP HOP RAISED ME!!!!
Posted based on the “fair use” statute/ act. Strictly for Non-Profit and entertainment purposes only. Subject to copyrights( writing and teaching purposes
#blogging #vlog #blogs #news #reviews #journalism #entertainment #author #literature #music #fashion #modeling #culture #education