Behind Bars is the third studio album by British-American rapper Slick Rick, released November 22, 1994, on Def Jam Recordings. The album features production from Vance Wright, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Easy Mo Bee and Warren G, as well as guest appearances by Doug E. Fresh, Nice & Smooth, and Warren G.
Upon its release, Behind Bars achieved moderate chart success, peaking at number 51 on the Billboard 200, and number 11 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The album spawned two singles, “Behind Bars” and “Sittin’ in My Car,” which made it to number 12 and number 11 on the Hot Rap Singles, respectively.
Learn moreThis section needs expansion with: songwriters.
No. Title Producer Length
1.”Behind Bars“Prince Paul3:25
2.”All Alone (No One to Be with)”Vance Wright4:05.
3.”Sittin’ in My Car” (featuring Doug E. Fresh)Doug E. Fresh, Vance Wright (co.)3:47
4.”A Love That’s True, pt. 1″Slick Rick3:55
5.”Cuz It’s Wrong”Easy Mo Bee3:23
6.”Let’s All Get Down” (featuring Nice & Smooth)Greg Nice3:41
7.”I’m Captive”Pete Rock4:11
8.”Get a Job”Pete Rock4:03
9.”A Love That’s True, pt. 2″Slick Rick2:20
10.”It’s a Boy (Remix)”Large Professor4:01
11.”Behind Bars (Dum Ditty Dum Mix)” (featuring Warren G)Warren G3:22
- Slick Rick – performer, producer
- Warren G – performer, producer, remixing
- Nice & Smooth – performer, producer
- Doug E. Fresh – performer
- Vance Wright – producer
- Prince Paul – producer
- Pete Rock – producer, remixing
- Large Professor – producer, remixing
- Easy Mo Bee – producer
- Al “Purple” Hayes – bass
- Joe Quinde – engineer, mixing, mixing engineer
- Yianni Papadopoulos – engineer, mixing
- Darroll Gustamachio – engineer
- Doug Wilson – engineer
- Mike Glowik – assistant engineer, mixing assistant
- Leroy Southwell – assistant engineer
- Rich July – remixing, mixing, mixing engineer
- Djinji Brown – remixing, mixing engineer
- Greg Geitzenauer – remixing, mixing engineer
- Epitome of Scratch – remixing
- ^ “Slick Rick Chart History (Billboard 200)”. Billboard.
- ^ “Slick Rick Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)”. Billboard.
This is Hip Hop Raised Me The Blog!!!
Where is about The Knowledge, The Culture, & The Lifestyle!!! Where we celebrate the 47 years of the youngest genre of music which is Hip Hop!!!
HIP HOP RAISED ME!!!!
Posted based on the “fair use” statute/ act. Strictly for Non-Profit and entertainment purposes only. Subject to copyrights( writing and teaching purposes
#blogging #vlog #blogs #news #reviews #journalism #entertainment #author #literature #music #fashion #modeling #culture #education